When you are planning your wedding or your next event, you might ask yourself if you need a wedding and event planner. You might brush off the idea entirely pretty quickly because you’re thinking, “how hard can it be to plan my own party?” You’re probably super confident in your own abilities or you may not be aware of what an event planner actually does. So, this blog post will highlight majority of the benefits an event planner can offer when planning your next celebration. Here are 8 reasons why they are valuable:
1. Eliminate Stress – Planning a wedding or an event can bring on all types of stress and can suck the fun out of the whole thing. So, pass that stress onto someone else who is emotionally removed. Avoid spending any spare minute you’ve got organizing and sorting when a professional planner will work with you to get everything done.
2. Help Stay On Budget – Event planners have the proper methods and resources to track every dollar that gets spent. They are also aware how much should be allocated to each element of a wedding or event; they can pass this information along and help you spend your money on the things that are most important to you.
3. Offer Their Expertise – Wedding and event planners have access to tons of insider information on venues, suppliers, and vendors in their local area. They know the right questions to ask, are aware of most desirable dates, and are experienced in managing the entire process. Planners can make appropriate recommendations and find the best match according to your wishes. Planners can also provide suggestions on the quality of service based on your budget so that time isn’t wasted on vendors that won’t be the right fit.
4. Handle The Details – Planning a wedding or an event can become tedious and complicated with all the information and details that are needed to pull off the celebration. To name a few, there is lots of back-and-forth communication needed with suppliers and vendors, many appointment bookings to make and attend, comparing and contrasting vendors and their work to find the best fit, managing the budget at each major phase, and making sure all the details that were planned actually come together and execute properly on the day. Planners can manage all these tasks in addition to other things that will come up during the process.
5. Keep You Focused – When planning a wedding or an event, it is very easy to get off track with all the offerings suppliers and vendors present to you. Having a specific design in mind and sticking with it can help bring your vision to life and keep everything looking cohesive. Your planner will have this established at the beginning of the process and will be your biggest advocate to navigate this fast-paced and exciting process at all times. They will also ensure everyone remains on the same page while planning each element of the event.
6. Find Your Answers – During the planning phases, there are lots of questions that will come up that sound something like, “should we, what if, would this look good, how much, can we add this”, etc. Your planner will be your go-to person for all these concerns and can provide you with the information because they’ve dealt with this before or will spend the time to get those answers for you.
7. Break The Tie – Sometimes deciding about something super small or very big can be really hard, especially if you’re consulting with others or you and your partner are sticking to the complete opposite ideas. A wedding and event planner can be a great sounding board and a helpful neutral party when making choices and decisions for your event.
8. Bring Everything Together – Let’s face it; you’ve spent months or years planning your wedding or special celebration and now you just want to enjoy it. Don’t get bogged down by the details on the day-of or worry about what’s going on behind the scenes or assign responsibilities to friends, family, or other vendors. You need someone who’s aware of your vision and has experience with ensuring everything that’s been planned is going to take place, be set up, show up on time, look good, and run smoothly! This is where planners offer their event day coordination services and help manage the event so that you are able to see the day unfold and take it all in.